Sunday, 12 August 2007

Trying out a new pattern.

I wanted to make some older child dolls, so I have adapted the pattern I made for the 'twins'.

Here's a quick pic.


(click on photo for bigger image)

A boy and a girl. I tried two different hands, and two different legs.


(click on photo for bigger image)

I like both hand patterns, these legs and these feet.


(click on photo for bigger image)

The girl's legs are a bit too thin, but that's OK because the fabric has a slight oneway stretch, so instead of drawing a new pattern, I can just turn it around on the fabric. And I will use the 'separate toe' template I have made for the feet.

I changed the faces, but I wanted them to still have a similar look to the 'twins'. I've spent a lot of time at the beach over the last week because The Boss is on holiday and I'm thinking of dressing the boy in 'surfer' gear. The girl will have to have leggings, to make her legs look a bit less skinny.

I would like to try making these with stiffer legs so that they can stand, but I don't want to use wire, because they are for children to play with and if I use the teddy bear joints, will they both stand and sit...............

Hmmmm......

4 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

What cute patterns. I think I love the legs and arms of the little one the best. You are so good at it.

Shashi Nayagam said...

Kay I just tagged you for A Nice Matters Award which you can pick up from my blog.

Chris said...

OH I love these they are so cool :) I am so in awe of anyone who can create beautiful dolls like this :)

Clothmatters said...

The dolls are wonderful! Gorgeous faces.