Saturday, 25 December 2010

Tuesday, 21 December 2010

Troll Princess

I've carried on needlefelting my polyfill and wadding scraps, and made this:



A troll princess for the top of my christmas tree!



Her hair is a mixture of wool fibres (roving) and novelty knitting yarn.



Her skirt is polyfill hand needlefelted with scraps of silk gauze and little bits of silk sliver, embellished with beads and sequins.



The ruffles on the back of her dress are decorated with gold glitter.

Scrappits

I was feeling "twitchy" and looking for something to keep my fingers busy, as you do. It was too cold to go out to the workshop so I experimented with a few scraps of leftover polyfil, wadding and some wool fibres and needlefelted this little troll baby.





Now I'm wondering if I could make a bigger one using the same method?

Friday, 3 December 2010

Always room for improvement...............

I found some very small plastic safety joints and decided to try them with my Sitting Stanley pattern. While I was about it, I also tried sticking the knitted wig down with washable fabric glue before I stitched it on. I was concerned that little fingers might get caught up in the knitted threads.


(Click on photo for bigger image)

The little safety joints worked really well for the arms and legs. The glue made it even more difficult to get the needle in to sew on the hair, but I think I shall use it in future just in the centre, to hold it in place while I stitch. The heads are still attached by several rounds of hand ladder stitch.