Friday, 3 December 2010

Always room for improvement...............

I found some very small plastic safety joints and decided to try them with my Sitting Stanley pattern. While I was about it, I also tried sticking the knitted wig down with washable fabric glue before I stitched it on. I was concerned that little fingers might get caught up in the knitted threads.

(Click on photo for bigger image)

The little safety joints worked really well for the arms and legs. The glue made it even more difficult to get the needle in to sew on the hair, but I think I shall use it in future just in the centre, to hold it in place while I stitch. The heads are still attached by several rounds of hand ladder stitch.

No comments: