Friday 24 August 2007

My first mermaid...........

I live near the sea, so I really thought I ought!


(click on photo for bigger image)

She's made from hand coloured polyester suede fabric with a knitted wig and her 'clothes' and fin are made from silk run through the embellisher. She has a needle-sculpted flat face. Her 'clothes' are decorated with resin shell beads and she wears a 'coral' bracelet and a necklace of 'coral' beads. She's quite poseable, but contains no wire. In the first photo she is sitting with her 'knees' bent.

Here, her tail is stretched out behind her:


(click on photo for bigger image)

and here it is stretched out in front:


(click on photo for bigger image)

I didn't want to wire that tail because my little grandaughter will want to play with this one, but I had the devil's own job getting that tail the way I wanted it. I made three or four before I got it right, but it was worth it, because now I have another pattern and it's easy when you know how!

3 comments:

Conni said...

sweet expression...

Little ol* Me said...

Gosh, you truly did a marvelous job on this wee lil' lass, she's lovely .. I adore her sweet expression!

Heera said...

Your first mermaid is very beautiful. Love her tail which is a pretty neat idea.