Wednesday 29 April 2015

More face saving and a surprise



People often ask "how long did it take you to make it?" I can never give an answer, so I timed this one. It took seven and a half hours - partly because I decided to change his upper lip - partly because I was experimenting with a recently acquired reverse felting needle that does exactly what it says, pulls some of the fibres back out again to make fur. I thought it would be useful for blending and for "facial hair". It was. Often people find it irresistible try to "do" the ...needle felted hair on my strange concoctions and, of course, as soon as it is attacked with a comb or a brush, it starts to come out. I made shorter hair with this. So, anyways, I reckon without experimentation and alteration, these little things take six hours. Clearly, if I was selling them and wanted say ten pounds an hour, plus materials, plus some value on design, skill etc. etc. unless I was Tracey Emin these would be unmarketable!  Timing myself on this one certainly gave me pause for thought!





Work in progress here.



 Back view.

Finished!

No comments: