Tuesday 19 April 2011

Birds of a feather

I've had a few comments and enquiries about my birds. Here's some information:

I had in mind a flock of brightly coloured birds to decorate the craft stall next month. I finally settled on two shapes: my "chicken" shaped bird and one other, courtesy of Nellie Durand. I've used Nellie's pattern before, but I gave my birds nice big feet to make them stand up better.

Here's my flock of bigfoot birds:


(Click on photo for bigger image)

They are made from left-over scraps of quilted or "embellisher" fabric and have needlefelted beaks.

This one is my current favourite, made from my "chicken" shaped body pattern with Nellie's wings.

2 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

I love them...the colours are great and the feet are perfect:)

Nellie's Needles said...

The whimsey of your birds, as well as all of your dolls, is a delight ... they bring a BIG smile to me ;-)