Friday 20 February 2009

Getting into the spirit of things

I've been having fun with 'spirit' or 'friendship' type dolls. I've never made these before.

This is the first one I made:


(Click on photo for bigger image)

The Boss says it's HORRIBLE, but I'm quite pleased with it. I like the 'bean-shaped' body - it fits neatly in the hand so it's nice to hold and nice to work on. This one measures about 9 inches. The fabric for the body is printed chiffon needlepunched onto a commercial felted fabric made from recycled synthetic fibres (doesn't that sound better than 'washing up cloth'?), embroidered and embellished with yarn and beads. I sewed a needlesculpted doll's head straight onto the body, so she has a strange humpty back and no neck. I think it adds to her charm!


(Click on photo for bigger image)

I think I might make some more of these!

No comments: