Wednesday 30 January 2008

Bizarre Copyright Violation

Sharon B, ace textile blogger, gave a link to Copyscape on her blog In a Minute Ago. There have been several posts about copyright violations recently, so I decided to try it out. You put in the URL of a page, and if the page content has been reproduced elsewhere, it gets pulled up.

This is the result I got:

3 results found for S'mockery Dolls (my cloth doll making blog): Remember Rita? Siren of the silver screen.... Click a result below to see your content highlighted.

Silver Siren deals from erotic-toys.ewis.no
... Remember Rita? Siren of the silver screen ... I felt that my mermaids should be a bit more 'voluptuous', more in the siren luring sailors mould. ...
http://www.erotic-toys.ewis.no/silver-siren/


This is MY text, directly from my blog post! I tried the URL, but was unable to get into the site, so I don't know exactly what it is, or what they are doing with my blog post. Obviously, because I can't get into the site and find out who it is, I can do nothing about it.

It seems a very strange place for my mermaid doll to end up, I must say, possibly alongside the bunny eared vibrators and rubber suits - strange bedfellows indeed.

1 comment:

Shashi Nayagam said...

That is very interesting Kay. I tried mine and so far no one has copied anything from me I think but a good link to have thanks for that. Looks like they have taken your doll photo goodness know what they have it as. Can't you report it?