Saturday, 23 June 2007

And now for something completely different...

My first attempt at a Patti Culea pattern. She's going to be a wood nymph/blackberry fairy kind of a doll, that's why she's green! When she's finished, she can keep Doris company on the upstairs landing...........

(click on photo for bigger image)

She's made of green robe velour with a grey face because I didn't think I would be able to colour on the dark green. I used the beginners body pattern from Patti Culea's book "Creative Cloth Doll Making" but I used the intermediate head. By the time I had finished, the hands had been thoroughly mangled twice and there was a hole in her arm that I made while I was poking the stuffing in. Never mind, she's an 'art doll' so I can cover up all the mistakes later on! I drew her features in with a brown permanent marker and coloured in with blendable coloured pencils. Here's a close-up of her face.

(click on photo for bigger image)

Thanks go to
  • Patti Culea

  • for the pattern and the inspiration...............

    No comments: